I have always enjoyed reading about far away places. I have read so many books on different animals and where they live and even the habitats in which they live in. I never really thought that I was learning science every time I read one of these books, because I was reading them for enjoyment. I think that it's great when you learn about something as you read.
The book that I chose to read this time was the Polar Lands by Margaret Hynes. It is a nonfiction book that takes you to the North and South Poles. It describes the landscape and some of the features of each. It also describes some of the animals that live at each pole, such as oxen, beluga whales, and walruses. The pictures in the book are also very pretty and detailed.
I would use this book in my science lesson for habitats. It goes into great detail about the differences between habitats. It also gives examples of what you would find in each habitat. This book is very informative and keeps you interested with wonderful pictures. Hope you get a chance to pick this book up and get excited about learning something new!

No comments:
Post a Comment